Tuesday, December 31, 2013
THE NONNEGOTIABLES OF FAITH IN CHRIST
True Messianic Jews and Christians believe the central tenants of the faith as I have outlined them below. If they don't, then they are not true Messianic Jews or true Christians. The nonnegotiables of Faith in Christ include the following:
1. That Christ is the one and only Son of Yahweh God the Father, and He became God Incarnate when He came in the flesh to teach us His Father's will, and to offer Himself up as our perfect atonement sacrifice, which then allowed Him to give us the Holy Spirit as our inner guide to His will, and the seal of our Salvation in Him.
2. That Christ was conceived as the Son of Man by the Holy Spirit, and was born in Bethlehem of Judea to a virgin Jewess named Miriam, with her husband Joseph and angels and shepherds as witnesses.
3. That Christ is the fulfillment of the Law and all the Old Testament Laws and rituals looked ahead to Him and His Spirit for fulfillment. We are therefore saved by Grace and not through our own merit, though our rewards are based on our love of and desire to serve and follow Him after our salvation through belief in Him, and our baptism with the Holy Spirit.
4. That Christ died on the eve of Passover to serve as the Passover Lamb and Atonement Sacrifice for sin for all believers, Jew and Grafted-in Gentile included, and there is no other path to Heaven or salvation but through Him.
5. That Christ rose from the dead on the third day of Passover Week to show His victory over sin, death and the Devil, and to serve as the Firstfruits of the firstfruits from the dead, and that He will raise up all those who love and follow Him because they are born again by His Spirit. After this, they will serve with Him as priests and kings in His Kingdom.
6. That Christ existed before the world was created, and He created the entire Universe for His Father before His incarnation as a man. As our resurrected Savior, He sits enthroned at the right hand of His Father in Heaven, and all things are subject to Christ alone, who is in turn subject only to the Father.
7. That Christ will return to Earth one day soon to vanquish the false kingdom of the Antichrist and the Beast, and to rule and to judge the living and the dead, and His righteous kingdom will have no end.
These seven tenants of the faith are in close agreement with the Nicene Creed, Apostle's Creed, and other statements of faith in the Early Church. However, my own 7-point re-cap of doctrinal essentials emphasizes being born again of the Holy Spirit and the return of Christ to rule, which I feel is not emphasized enough in the early Church creeds. In fact, this is likely why the Catholic and Orthodox Churches gradually fell into such error and the Protestant Reformation became necessary.
Whether you accept my interpretation or not doesn't change the fact that these doctrinal essentials are true and right, and there are many different sects today because they do ignore one or more of these doctrines. I particularly like how my own version of this Believer's Creed mentions that we become priests and kings with Christ because it throws a MASSIVE wrench in the whole need for the institutionalized churches and their ordained priesthoods.
Isn't our FREEDOM AND LIBERTY IN CHRIST grand? :-)
Your Sister in Yahshua,
Helena Lehman of the
Pillar of Enoch Ministry
Ministry Blog: http://pillarofenoch.blogspot.com/
Ministry Web Site: http://pillar-of-enoch.com/