Monday, August 11, 2014

REFLECTIONS ABOUT MY BIRTHDAY ON THE 9TH OF AV


Many of my friends online have asked me to share highlights surrounding my birthday this year, which was on August 6th, 2014. This is my response to that request, and I hope that it will bless you, and call you to pray for me, my family, and all Israel as we await Yahshua's return.

On God's Calendar, I was born on the 9th of Av, which was on August 5th this year. But in 1957, when I was born, it was on August 6th (Yes, I'm 57!) This could be why the celebration of my birthday has ALWAYS been troublesome for me. Many of my birthday parties over the years have caused me more grief than pleasure - almost as if God has been letting me know that it should be a time of mourning for Israel, and not a time of celebrating my birthday. It is as if God was trying to show me the truth about celebrations in general - long before I knew anything about the great Jewish mourning connected to the 9th of Av, and the tragic destruction surrounding it in Jewish history - when both Temples to Yahweh in Jerusalem were destroyed by satanic forces.

I have still managed to have a nice time on my birthday over the years, and this year it was okay too. But there is ALWAYS an undercurrent of strife and tension, no matter what. This year the tension came from my own daughter, who took me out to lunch for my birthday, but who is not truly devoted to Christ or really focused on Him in any way. She thinks that God loves her and she is going to heaven because she is a "good person" that doesn't try to hurt anybody and does her best to live morally, and that is enough. But she has hurt me deeply over the years, and she did it again on my birthday by skirting over her lukewarm response to the Gospel of Christ, which I gently tried to preach to her again - as always.

But like so many Christians, the true Gospel of other-worldliness, selflessness, self-sacrifice, compassion and brotherly love offends my daughter to some extent. My daughter believes in the Gospel to a degree, but is not fully committed to living for Christ, or concerned about the suffering of believers worldwide today. She wants to focus on college and herself and her video games, and block out the world and the concerns and problems that beset me - her mother - as a preacher and minister of Christ when it makes her uncomfortable. Part of the reason for this is that she suffers from chronic anxiety, which is a sign of her lack of a REAL supernatural relationship with Yahshua, which is what gives us our faith in God. Please pray for her when you can, as I am deeply concerned about this.

Even our visit to a local cemetery on the 9th of Av, which was on August 5th, 2014, didn't seem to phase Miranda much on the surface. She made very little in the way of commentary when we discussed that visit later on. Yet this is the cemetery where my Assyrian Christian Relatives, who came to the USA from IRAN due to severe Christian Persecution in Iran and Iraq in the early and mid 1900's, are buried. Just so you all know, I am 1/4 Assyrian, and my Uncles Rich and Joe, who were with Miranda and I at the time, are my mother's brothers. Like her, they are 1/2 Assyrian, and they know a bit of the language that Yahshua spoke when He walked the Earth, although I have forgotten the bit I knew

Like my uncles (who avoided discussing matters of faith), my husband is very sleepy spiritually, as are most of the members of my family. But I love them all, and still keep trying to reach them with the True Gospel of Salvation and the Kingdom of God. Please pray with me that they would all have a Road to Damascus experience and would WAKE UP before it is too late. I don't want them to end up left behind as Foolish Virgins when the Rapture comes!

MARANATHA! YAHSHUA IS COMING VERY SOON!
SO STAY AWAKE AND KEEP YOUR EYES ON HIM, WISE VIRGINS!

Your Sister in Yahshua,
Helena Lehman of the
Pillar of Enoch Ministry
Web Site: http://pillar-of-enoch.com



No comments:

Post a Comment

Shalom! Feel free to comment, but please be respectful. God bless!