Monday, April 17, 2017

WHY GODSPELL MADE ME GRATEFUL FOR REDEMPTION!


This Resurrection Sunday morning, I watched Godspell, the musical movie on TV, and was touched by the way the Hippie cast depicted some of the most memorable and convicting of Yahshua's Parables. I felt deeply moved by it, although like Jesus Christ Superstar, which I did see in 1975, it did not end with a Resurrection scene, but the crucifixion, and it mostly appears to have been filmed in a mock up of a garbage dump or junkyard, which was likely to accentuate the fact that Yahshua's true followers are usually poor in riches, but rich in Spirit.

Interestingly, God told me today that the reason for the lack of a Resurrection scene in Godspell and Jesus Christ Superstar was that those were the years that the wicked among the Elite were downplaying the First Resurrection from the dead to try and humanize Jesus. They were doing this so that Jesus would more easily fit into the role of an Avatar or Ascended Master in the false New Age Gospel that was taking the Hippies and the world by storm back then.

Would you believe I never saw Godspell before today? I suspect many of my Facebook friends were born after it came out and either saw it much later, or never saw it at all either. So if you haven't seen it, please check it out. Anyway, I was curious to figure out why I missed seeing Godspell back then, since I liked to go to the movies. But I had a really messed up childhood, so I figured something horrendous was probably going on in my life when Godspell came out.

So later this morning, I checked Wikipedia, and saw that Godspell the movie was put in theaters in 1973, when I was 14 going on 15. That was the year I had eye surgery and almost died due to an adverse reaction to the anesthetic. In short, my heart stopped and they almost didn't get it started. I then laid in a coma for a day before I revived, feeling terrified as I lay gagging on a tube that had been shoved down my throat. Thankfully, I recovered from that surgery fully though, and with better eye sight to boot.

My spiritual vision was terrible back then though, and it's a wonder I survived my teens because I did not have a relationship with Jesus back then, and had two abusive alcoholic parents that did not really care about my older brother and I. So that was the year I joined a local street gang, smoked pot and began to drink wine often, learned street fighting and how to use nanchuka sticks, beat a few women to a pulp and got beaten to a pulp, and got assaulted and close to raped by one of the Latino men in the gang I was in.

I was raised nominally as a Catholic, and would describe myself as an Agnostic with an odd love for Jesus even though I did not know Him well. In the Fall of 1973, I attended Lakeview high school, where Whites were a minority at only 25 percent. It was roughly also 30 percent Latino and 45 percent Black in a very poor neighborhood. As a result, I used to carry my nanchuka sticks wherever I went back then, and had to use them quite a bit. I also have never been a big fan of watching TV. That is likely why I never saw Godspell until now.

Providentially, that winter - after I almost got raped and had become very traumatized by that experience and all the gang fighting, my parents decided it was time to move to a safer neighborhood (Praise God!). So, at the start of 1974 we moved to a nicer neighborhood, where I was rapidly introduced to Pentecostalism, Evangelicalism, and Lutheranism, and I began to fall away from the Catholic Church as I learned more about Christianity and Jesus.

I also saw the movie "A THIEF IN THE NIGHT" at one of those churches in the summer of 1974, about 6 months after my move. That movie about the horrors after the Rapture during the Great Tribulation left me shaken and afraid, and that is when I said my first prayer asking Jesus into my life as my Personal Savior.

But I did not become truly born again until roughly 14 years later, when I was 30 and saw a vision of Christ. Shortly after that, I was baptized by full immersion on Pentecost in 1988 in an Evangelical Church. Before that, however, I did try to draw nearer to God, and started searching the Scriptures on my own to find out what they had to say about Jesus, and many other things. So I find myself humbly grateful  this morning that I finally did get saved, and that I have survived for as long as I have.

God willing, I will also celebrate my 60th birthday this coming August 6th, which will fall on Tu B'Av, the Jewish equivalent of Valentine's Day. This joyous minor holiday in Israel is tied to Weddings and love, and hence to the Rapture, and it is going to fall 2 weeks before an amazing and ominous Solar Eclipse. This Eclipse will cut across America from west to east on August 21st, 2017, and I see it as an evil omen for America.

I hope to write about the spiritual implications of that Eclipse soon. In the meantime, may God bless you all deeply, and help you all to feel gratitude on this glorious day in Christ as we all await our Blessed Hope in the Rapture.

Love and Blessings from
Your Sister In Yahshua,
Helena Lehman of the
Pillar of Enoch Ministry


CALL TO HELP THE 
PILLAR OF ENOCH MINISTRY: 
If every one of the 15 thousand plus believers that my ministry has touched over the years since I began publishing books and articles in 2004 sent just $5.00 to me in the mail or via the internet this week, I would have enough money to pay my past due bills and keep my ministry going for a year without having to ask for more help. Just think about that before you buy your next $5 cup of Starbucks coffee. And if you decide to forego the coffee to help a sister in need, you have my sincerest thanks, and I know that God will bless you for it. To help, there are PayPal and Go Fund Me links - as well as my street address and e-mail address - on the web page at the link below.  
In the meantime, may God bless you, and may our Father God and His Son and Spirit bless you, just as you have blessed me. Merry Christmas and Happy Chanukah! ~ Helena Lehman
To Give to the Pillar of Enoch Ministry:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shalom! Feel free to comment, but please be respectful. God bless!