Tuesday, May 19, 2015

WHY CHRIST SAID THAT HE IS THE 'I AM'

CLICK IMAGE TO ENLARGE
In our efforts to humanize God's Son, we tend to describe Him in ways that can be misleading or inadequate. Recently, I saw a graphic that used some of Christ's own I AM statements mixed in with the author's I AM statements to describe Him. This bothered me because it defined our Messiah differently than the Bible defines Him with statements such as "I am Joy", "I am Safety" and "I am Love".

Although these statements are certainly true about our Messiah, they are inadequate because they are not how Yahshua described Himself. So, I thought, why don't we let Yahshua Ha Mashiach or Jesus the Christ define Himself in His own words? Hence, the reason for this article.

The following “I AM” statements are a major part of what Yahshua said to define His nature and purpose:

“I AM the bread which came down from heaven.” - John 6:41

“I AM the bread of life.” - John 6:49

“I AM from above...” - John 8:23

“I AM not of this world.” - John 8:23

“if you do not believe that I AM He (i.e. HE YAH), you will die in your sins.” - John 8:24

“When you lift up the Son of Man, then you will know that  I AM He (i.e. HE YAH).” - John 8:28

“before Abraham was, I AM.” - John 8:58

“I AM the light of the world.” - John 8:12, John 9:5

“I AM the door of the sheep.” - John 10:7

“I AM the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved...” - John 10:9

“I AM the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep.” - John 10:11

“I AM the good shepherd; and I know My sheep, and am known by My own.” - John 10:14

“‘I AM the Son of God.” - John 10:36

“I AM the resurrection and the life.” - John 11:25

“I AM the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.” - John 14:6

“Don't you believe that I AM in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you are not just my own. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work.” - John 14:10

“‘I AM going away and coming back to you.” - John 14:28

“I AM going to the Father, for My Father is greater than I.” - John 14:28

“I AM the vine; you are the branches.” - John 15:5

“I AM the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End,” says the Lord, “who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.” - Revelation 1:8

“It is done! I AM the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. I will give of the fountain of the water of life freely to him who thirsts.” - Revelation 21:6

“I AM the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End, the First and the Last.” - Revelation 22:13

“Surely I AM coming quickly! Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus (Adonai Yahshua)!” - Revelation 22:20

Yahshua or Jesus said these “I AM” Statements to show that He is God, and that He is also God the Father's one and only representative to us. The reason Yahshua could say these things is because He acted as the Creator of all things for His Father (See Colossians 1). He made you and every human being and animal that ever walked the Earth.

“I AM” is the short form of the Name of the Creator of the Universe. For proof of this, see Exodus 3:14, where God calls Himself “I AM WHO I AM” or “HE YAH ASHER HE YAH” in Hebrew. Those who mock His Son Yahshua - who goes by the same Name as and created the Universe for His Father - and then do not repent will pay the ultimate price with condemnation and an eternity in the Lake of Fire on Judgment Day. As such, we owe Yahshua all of our life, love, faith, loyalty, worship and devotion for being the one and only Messiah or Savior that can save us from Hell and give us everlasting life.

Praise God the Father for Giving Us the Gift of Yahshua! 
May Our Father God Bless You 
Through His One and Only Son Forever.

Your Sister In Yahshua,
Helena Lehman of
The Pillar of Enoch Ministry
Ministry Web Site: http://pillar-of-enoch.com
Ministry Blog: http://pillarofenoch.blogspot.com


No comments:

Post a Comment

Shalom! Feel free to comment, but please be respectful. God bless!