Monday, August 19, 2013

Yahweh, the Great “I AM,” and Yahshua Are One!

YAHSHUA IS GOD!


Calling Upon “Ha Shem,” The Name - 
The Importance of Using The Personal Names of God
By Helena Lehman

Excerpt From Section 4: 
Yahweh, the Great “I AM,” and Yahshua Are One!

There are many powerful passages that refer to Yahshua’s role as both Messiah and Deity that begin with the words “I am.” The Hebrew/Aramaic word “Yahweh” means “HE IS,” which is the third person emphatic form of the first person expression “I AM,” vocalized as “He Yah” in Hebrew. Yahshua was therefore referring to both His Father, and to His own Deity and character whenever He said “I AM” or “He Yah” emphatically, as He does in the following passages:

“I am the light of the world.” - John 9:5

“I am the gate...” - John 10:9

“I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep.” - John 10:11

“I am the resurrection and the life.” - John 11:25

“I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.” - John 14:6

“I am the vine; you are the branches…” - John 15:5

“Don't you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you are not just my own. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work.” - John 14:10

The final entry in the preceding list of passages is of particular interest because Yahshua is telling His audience that Yahshua’s words are His heavenly Father’s own words. Furthermore, Yahshua is saying that He and the Father in Heaven are connected to each other in that they both share the same Spirit of God, or the spiritual character of the Ruach Ha Kodesh. If we did not understand that this meant that Yahshua is both fully God and fully man, then we would be forced to think He was possessed by the Father’s Spirit - just as a demon-possessed man is inhabited spiritually, and controlled physically by a demon! Since we know Yahshua didn’t mean this, then Yahshua was stating the fact that He had no other Spirit except the one He shared with His Father. For this reason, Yahshua could do His Father’s work perfectly.

Yahshua is the only man who ever lived that perfectly did the Father’s work, and perfectly displayed the Father’s character during His human lifetime. In contrast, even after being filled with the Holy Spirit, every human being is still subject to sin because the Ruach doesn’t obliterate our old sin nature. Instead, the Holy Spirit gradually crowds out the old sin nature over time. God’s Spirit does so by helping us to reject, and suppress the old sin nature so it rarely affects us. Only when we are resurrected in our spiritual bodies, however, will we be fully free from sin like Christ is.

In the following two New Testament passages, Yahshua is clearly speaking in defense of His own deity:

“‘I tell you the truth,’ Jesus (Yahshua) answered, ‘before Abraham was born, I am (He Yah)!’ At this, they picked up stones to stone him, but Jesus (Yahshua) hid himself, slipping away from the temple grounds.” - John 8:58-59

“‘I am he’ (He Yah), Jesus (Yahshua) said. (And Judas the traitor was standing there with them.) When Jesus (Yahshua) said, ‘I am he,’ (He Yah) they drew back and fell to the ground.” - John 18:5-6

It is obvious that Yahshua is claiming to be God from the reactions of His hearers, who were Jews that were well versed in the Scriptures. In saying: “I Am” and “I Am He” in the preceding passages, Yahshua was proclaiming that He was Yahweh God Incarnate to His Jewish audience. The Jews of Yahshua’s day, however... (Continued Online at the POEM Website!)

To Continue Reading, Click The Link Below...

Section 4: Yahweh, the Great “I AM,” and Yahshua Are One!
http://www.pillar-of-enoch.com/essays/Names.html#_Toc216439365


No comments:

Post a Comment

Shalom! Feel free to comment, but please be respectful. God bless!